The steps are simple.
You will need:
- Your Fabric Furnishing. Vacuumed and clean.
- Plant Sprayer, filled with water.
- Dixie Belle Paint in colour of your choice (I suggest a transitional colour as well as your final colour if going for a drastic change). I used Vintage Duck Egg under Mermaid Tail.
- Sanding Pad. I used the 150 grit Dixie Belle Pad.
- Cloth to wipe dust.
- Paint Brush - the Dixie Belle 2" Chip Brush is perfect.
- Sealer - I like either Dixie Belle Easy Peasy Spray Wax or Best Dang Wax.
- Lint Free Cloth to apply Wax
- Complimentary colour for the legs, if painting.
It is such a scrummy transformation - even Molly approves!
Next the Step, by step.
- Ensure the fabric is clean and lint free.
- Spray water on the section you are working on. Apply your first coat of paint
- (I used Vintage Duck Egg as a transitional colour)
- Allow paint to dry, then lightly sand. Wipe away the sanding dust with a damp cloth.
- Apply second coat of paint.
- Allow paint to dry, and if applying a third coat, sand and repeat steps above.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Lightly sand and remove residue.
- Apply Wax or sealer.